Non-Exclusive Music Leasing Agreement
MUSIC LEASE (NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE AGREEMENT)
YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRACT BEFORE YOU ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
The following serves as a legally binding agreement between BeatFreaka.com and it’s owner, Brandon Reed (“Licensor”) and You (“Licensee”). This agreement grants the Licensee certain non-exclusive rights to the song being licensed.
1. Payment: The Licensee agrees to pay the Licensor a non-refundable fee for the non-exclusive use of the Instrumental that is being licensed in this Agreement, for the purpose of creating a new composition.
2.Term: This non-exclusive license agreement shall expire either a.) 18 months for standard lease purchases or b.) 24 months for premium leases starting from the execution of this agreement on the date of purchase.
3. Master Recording: Licensor hereby grants Licensee the non-exclusive right to record and synchronize vocals and/or instruments to the Instrumental to create one (1) new composition. This license does not authorize use of the Instrumental in additional compositions. The Licensee must obtain an additional license from Licensor for any additional composition using the Instrumental. The Licensee shall not edit the Instrumental in any way including but not limited to by changing the arrangement, removing or altering melodies, instruments, drum and rhythm programming, or sounds that are contained within the Instrumental.
4. Profitable Distribution: Licensee may distribute one (1) version of the Master Recording for profitable use. Licensee is may distribute no more than two thousand (2000) copies for standard leases and no more than fifty thousand (50000) copies for premium leases of the Master Recording.
5. Ownership Rights: Licensor retains all rights in and to the Instrumental including all rights in and to the underlying composition. Licensor may continue to sell or license the Instrumental non-exclusively and/or exclusively. Licensee shall not sell or license the rights to the Instrumental whether in whole or part to any other party. In the event Licensor sells exclusive rights to the Instrumental, you shall retain your non-exclusive rights subject to the terms and limitations of this agreement.
6. Credit: Licensee shall afford production credit to Licensor on all copies of and advertisements for recordings containing Instrumental. The credit shall be substantially in the form: “Produced by Beat Freaka for BeatFreak.com”
7. Sample Clearances: Licensee is hereby notified that the Instrumental may contain samples. The Licensee shall be responsible for clearing all samples. Licensor shall not be liable for the use of any sampled material by Licensee in any new composition.
By purchasing a product from BeatFreaka.com , you (the Licensee) declare that you have read, understood, and agreed to the above terms of agreement. You further agree that any breach of this contract shall result in the revocation of the non-exclusive license and termination of this agreement. Violation of the terms of this agreement may constitute a violation of copyright law.